NYSSRA Nordic’s fall meeting in Lake Placid on September 25th was the first in-person gathering of committee chairs and club representatives since fall 2019. While COVID had forced virtual Zoom meetings and curtailed some Nordic racing in New York State for two winters, the outlook for 2022-23 racing is far brighter.
Highlights from the fall meeting included:
• A presentation by Kris Cheney-Seymour about Mount Van Hoevenberg’s expanded capabilities for ORDA to host an array of world class Nordic skiing events and plans for staging the FISU World University Games in January 2023.
• Actions for promoting NYSSRA Nordic memberships and racing participation through publicity that will include advertising in print media and expanded social media.
• The 2022-23 Racing Season Check List and the strong response from organizers so far to sanction their club and racing events for the calendar – especially taking advantage of submitting event paperwork before Nov. 1st after which the fee structure increases.
• Review of the race calendar.
• A pitch for how volunteers can sign up to help at the World University Games.
• Elections and changeover of officers. Mark Chmielewicz began his two-year term in the president’s chair.
Read the complete Fall 2022 minutes on the website below the dropdown Information tab.