NYSSRA Nordic’s Fall 2022 meeting on Sunday, September 25 at 12:30 pm in Lake Placid (Mount Van Hoevenberg Mountain Pass Lodge) is an in-person gathering of members, representatives of NYSSRA Nordic sanctioned clubs, officers, committee chairs, and volunteers.
Plan an autumn weekend in the High Peaks. Hike a nearby mountain, enjoy the fall foliage, visit the Olympic venues, and spectate at or participate in the ORDA/NYSEF/NENSA Castle Conquest events.
The goal of the meeting is to continue planning all aspects of the 2022-23 racing season. Committee chairs are asked to meet any time before the Fall meeting to prepare their 2022-23 race schedule to present.
1. Attendance and designation of voting members
2. Approval of the Spring (04-27-22) meeting minutes.
3. Opening Remarks from the President.
4. Treasurer’s report.
5. Committee reports: a. Biathlon b. Ski-Orienteering c. Cross Country d. Mid-Atlantic, BKYSL, f. Insurance, g. ESWG
6. Executive Director’s report & 2022-23 Work Plan – fundraising, e-newsletter, high school liaison, communication w/ NENSA, current membership renewal numbers, etc.
7. Old business (Action items from Spring meeting):
a. Season Check List for leaders, organizers, coaches, volunteers.
b. Consider a proposal to promote NYSSRA Nordic memberships and publicity for events with paid ad space in Adirondack Sports & Fitness and other media.
c. Task plan to update website and social media for management of postings by content contributors. Include: Who will manage the FB page, monitor NYSSRA Gmail inbox, forward information to Bob Underwood for newsletter content.
d. Plan for recruiting volunteers for FISU World University Games January 12-22, 2023.
8. New business:
a. Establish complete race calendar & sanction all events by November 1st.
b. Junior Nationals – Fairbanks, Alaska – March 13-16, 2023 and select trip leaders.
c. 2023 NYSSRA Nordic Championships – date, host venue, organizing committee.
d. Nominations slate & election of officers / officer change over.
7. Pick Spring 2023 meeting date.