In this time of COVID-19, NYSSRA Nordic joins nonprofit sports organizations everywhere in trying to figure out what competitive events in the 2020-2021 season (and beyond) will look like.
NYSSRA Nordic, in its 38th year, remains committed as an organization to supporting our members, racers, event organizers, venues, volunteers, and sponsors. Things may look different next winter but we are ready to work toward meeting the new challenges as a Nordic ski community.
Our Spring 2020 meeting on Wednesday, May 13 at 7:00 pm, as planned last fall, will be conducted remotely via Google Meet video conferencing service. Executive officers, committee chairs, and representatives of NYSSRA Nordic sanctioned clubs are invited to participate in this virtual meeting. It is free and anybody with a Google account (Gmail, etc.) can attend the meeting. Use your home desktop PC by following the Google Meet conference site link https://meet.google.com/yrv-afjt-axt or use the Google Meet app on your smart phone.
President Brian White, as meeting host, will try to send you a Google calendar invite so you will automatically be able to enter the meeting from the link. Please let Brian know you will be attending. We want to avoid Zoombombing. There will be no landline dial-in numbers for the meeting.
Some reports for the meeting may be emailed to you in advance. Committee chairs are asked to meet any time before the Spring meeting.
Below is the agenda for May 13.
1. Attendance and establishment of voting members
2. Approval of the minutes of the Fall 2019 meeting
3. Treasurer’s report
4. Committee reports: a. Insurance b. Biathlon c. Ski-O d. Cross Country e. Mid A f. BKYSL
5. Old business: a. Season review b. Floro wax policy and enforcement c. Background checks for coaches d. Second Vice President search
6. New business: a. Next winter’s race schedule b. Other
7. Fall meeting date and location